The run up to Christmas is always a hectic one and this one is no different. I haven’t written a post like this for a while and I know I’ve been neglecting my blog a bit lately so I thought it would be a good idea to show you what I’ve been up to and why I haven’t been writing as much. Hopefully from now on I can crack on and get myself organised before the year is out.
1. I was lucky enough to experience the Christmas markets in Budapest this year and it was so much fun! There was so many little huts decorated with pretty fairy lights that offered a range of Hungarian gifts. I managed to pick up a few gifts from the stalls but the best bit was wandering around the market whilst it was snowing.
2. Whilst we were in Budapest we got to do a lot of new things that me and my mam have never done before like going to an ice bar and experiencing the rooftop thermal pool at the Rudas Baths. I’ll be writing a blog post in the coming weeks about my favourite things to do whilst in Budapest so watch this space!
3. I developed an addiction for hot chocolate. I got my hands on some lovely ones whilst I was away and I bought a butterscotch flavoured mix by Options shortly after I got back. Nothing quite eats sitting in front of the telly on a cold night with a mug full of sweet hot chocolate.4. Shortly after we arrived home from our trip to Budapest, I went to Birmingham to attend the Clothes Show Live for the first time. You can read about my time there by clicking here.
5. My Christmas tree went up! I’ve been itching to get it up but with so much going on it went up a little later than I would have liked. I know what you’re all thinking, it looks a bit bare but I’m hoping to fill it up with some nice one-off decorations in the coming years.
6. I finally sampled the best parmo takeaway in the North East as voted for by the Parmo Hunters – Union Jacks. And oh my, it was good! Although it was a takeaway it was just like one you would get in a restaurant and it was served with proper chips too!
7. After a few jam-packed weekends I thought I was due a pamper night. 7th Heaven is my favourite cheap and cheerful face mask brand and their combinations are to die for! They were at the Clothes Show Live and I managed to pick up a goody bag for £5 which included 7 natural masks for your face, hair and feet.
8. I met up with my old work pals for a catch up and a Christmas boogie which was exactly what I needed. I also had my works Christmas party the following night which was great too!
9. Me and Ross are looking after this little cutie again for Christmas. He is absolutely gorgeous and sleeps most of the day so he’s no bother at all!
I hope you enjoyed having a little insight into my life lately. For more regular updates come follow me on Instagram.
How has your life been lately? I’d love to know what you’ve been up to!