These types of posts are few and far between and I’m starting to see a pattern that I only write them twice-yearly around about the same time each year – December and April. It’s crazy how time flies isn’t it? I tend to come back to these types of posts when I’m feeling a bit guilty for my lack of presence because life got in the way (which isn’t a bad thing!). As I’ve said before, March is a busy month for me thus my Saturday posts have been pretty much non-exsistant during this time. Today I’m sharing some of my highlights from the last two weeks in March.
1. I finally decided to treat myself and get HD brows from Paleschi. When I was younger I was a maniac with the tweezers which resulted in dreadful, uneven brows. It’s going to take a few more sessions to get them ‘on fleek’ but I’m so happy with the results so far.
2. For Christmas I bought Ross tickets to see Frankie Boyle at the Town Hall in Middlesbrough. I was unsure as to whether I’d find him funny as I know he’s quite offensive but we both really enjoyed ourselves and laughed from start to finish. His warm up act, Francesca Martinez, was absolutely brilliant too! After the show we headed down to the Dickens Inn where I sampled my first Shorty cocktail – amazing.
3. For my Dad’s birthday we went for a family meal at the Bay Horse in Great Broughton. I got a parmo with beautiful homemade chips and a mountain of sticky toffee pudding with ice cream for dessert.
4. Good Friday coinsided with my best friend’s birthday this year so we headed to Norton for lunch and cocktails before going back to our local. Our friend from Sheffield was home to join us as well so it was a lovely catch up.
5. For another one of my friend’s birthday we got a mini bus to York for a day packed with lots of food and drinks. We went to some cute pubs and bars before heading to the famous Evil Eye Lounge for some cool cocktails.
6. Me and Ross experienced Thai food for the first time at the launch party of Thaikhun at the Metrocentre, Gateshead. You can read more about our trip to Thaikhun here.
What have you been up to lately?